Saturday 6 November 2010

Vegan Halloween

Well, November is world vegan month- how exciting! And I just had my first vegan halloween! My brother and dad carved up some pumpkins, we went to my aunts party (I cooked bloody toes (sosages n ketchup), worms in guts (spag bol), toxic slime (jelly) and pumpkin pasties!) and handed out bags of sweets last Sunday to the various small zombies, witches and ghosts who came to the door!

Of course, one of the big questions on the run up to all hallows eve was what sweets and chocs can I get that are vegan? Here's a run up of the top ten:


1. JELLY TOTS
Easy to get anywhere, this sugar coated fruit sweetie is cheap, yummy and accessible. It may not win in the health stakes, but who's trying to be healthy at halloween?

2. WHIZZERS CHOCOLATE BEANS
Available at Holland and Barrett or online, these smarties without the dairy or enumbers are yummy, but quite expensive to buy.
3. KINNERTON CHOCOLATE LOLLIPOPS
These are my favourite because there are so many designs!! Thomas the Tank Engine or Ben Ten for the lads and Hannah Montana or High School Musical for the lassies!! I currently have Sharpe, Chad and Troy on my bedside table (I must have accidentally given Gabriella to one of the kids, oops!) Available at most supermarkets.4. STRAWBERRY LACES
A classic, from any supermarket, and you can always say that they're worms ;)


5. CHUPPA CHUPS
Lollipop, lollipop o lolly lolly lolly lollipop lollipop o lolly lolly lolly LOLLIPOP. Lollitastic!


6. VEGEBEARS
These say Christmas to me, because I always get a box in my stocking, but they are great for halloween too. And no boiled up skin or bones in sight!



7. DAIRY FREE BUTTONS
Available in Sainsburys and Tescos. Not my favourite dairy free chocolate, but with milk choc and white choc alternatives they're a good quick fix and great on top of muffins!!


8. FIZZY COLA LANCES
Again the supermarket favourite, with a bit of fizz to give you some halloween fireworks in your mouth.


9. SHERBET
Can even do this homemade, and stick it in coke if you want to make a yukky non alcoholic halloween cocktail.


10. FOX'S GLACIER FRUITS
The big bags they come in made them super handy for the kids trick or treat bags.



I love halloween, and I love chocolate!!! This list is missing some of my fave vegan choccies so I'll have to do a Vegan Chocolate Top Ten soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment